April 19, 2011

The iPhone truly makes life easier

I've always been skeptical of apple products. Maybe it's because I was never familiar with them and I never learned how to turn on a Mac, much less use one. Even after my younger sister gave me her old iPod (after upgrading to an iPod touch), I just wasn't sold. Until I played with iPod touch. I fell in love with all the crazy apps (there really is an app for everything), the smooth operation, and the thin sleek appearance. Since that moment a few years ago, I have been eagerly waiting for the iPhone to be released to Verizon. And, finally, my friends, the day came. A few months after it's release, here I sit (well, lay in bed) with my new toy that has brought me hours of entertainment and productivity in the past few days.

Since getting my iPhone, I have found apps for all of my hobbies: baking, cooking, and even blogging. I've also found apps that find the cheapest gas in the area, the best grocery prices, and the healthiest food option ( which can be done by scanning the barcode on a specific item, and along with a food grade, it gives you similar options that are healthier for you). I've finally been able to stay caught up on my email, my Facebook notifications, my YouTube subscriptions, and everyone's tweets. I hate to say it, but I am officially a social networking junkie. But who wouldn't be if they could be this connected?

It's so easy to just google anything as soon as it comes to mind. Or to check for online grocery coupons while I'm trying to find cereal. And looking into gas prices at each gas station on my way to my destination without driving past them all first. Apple has made my life easier and less stressful (since I can job search while waiting in the doctor's office or doing laundry or even first thing in the morning). I'll even be able to keep all my blog posts up to date and hopefully be able to get back to doing the things I love while doing the things that have to get done.

I wish I could say I was getting paid to give the iPhone this raving review, but unfortunately, I'm not. (But that doesn't mean I'm not open to the idea, Steve.) So, here is to more blogging in the near future!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment